Ngahuia Group Privacy Notice
Last updated 17/05/2022
Ngahuia Group Limited is New Zealand’s largest footwear retail group (Company Number 6459133) and includes the brands Number One Shoes, Hannahs, and Hush Puppies. Ngahuia Group Limited is owned by Tahua Partners Limited, a wholly New Zealand owned company.
At Ngahuia Group we take your privacy seriously. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to inform you about our collection, use, and disclosure of any personal information that we may hold about you, including how we ensure the accuracy, integrity, and security of such information. This statement should be read in conjunction with the agreement under which you engaged with us, and any terms and conditions provided to you.
Within this Notice we explain how we manage your Personal Information when you interact with us.
We are bound by this Privacy Notice and the requirements of privacy laws, including the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020, which regulates how we may collect, use, disclose, and store Personal Information, as well as how individuals may exercise their rights or options regarding the Personal Information held about them.
By using or accessing our website and/or any of our services, or by providing any personal information (directly, through our website or otherwise), you will be deemed to have agreed to this Privacy Notice.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically. We advise you to check back frequently to see any updates or changes. The latest version and publication date will always be clearly marked.
What personal information do you collect?
Generally the type of Personal Information which we collect could include your first and last names, email address, contact phone number and other contact information (“Contact Information”).
Our preference is to collect Personal Information from you directly. For example, when you:
Purchase goods in store
We collect your payment method and details of items purchased, including style and size preferences.
Purchase or return goods online, or pay other than by cash
We collect your Contact Information, delivery address, billing address, payment method and details of items purchased, including style and size preferences.
Complete a hard copy form or provide your information to us in store
We collect your Contact Information, your areas of interest, style, and size preferences.
Create an online account through our website
We collect your Contact Information, date of birth, and password.
Visit, search for and browse our websites
We collect the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the internet, your login information, data on your screen settings and device settings, such as the point and scroll settings of your mouse, web browser type and version, time zone settings, and operating system information.
We also collect information about your use or visit, including statistical information about visits to pages on the site, the products you viewed or searched for, page response times,duration of individual page view, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs) and the paths taken by you through the site, plus the full uniform resource locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time).
Contact us via email or post
We will collect your email address and any Contact Information provided. We will also collect the contents of your email or letter.
Contact us via telephone
We collect your Contact Information, and the content of the conversation, which is recorded.
Contact us via social media
We collect information about your social media username/handle, the social media platform you used and the contents of your post or message (which may also include your Contact Information, if you provide this to us).
Contact us via chat bot
We will collect your Contact information, if provided, and the contents of your chat session.
Receive product or event news from us or submit a product review
Your name and email address.
Enter a competition or promotion
Your Contact Information and date of birth.
We never collect your financial information or retain credit card numbers - this information is collected directly by a financial institution that has its own privacy notice. You can help us stop cybercrime by notifying our Privacy Officer of anything suspicious, such as emails from us asking for your credit card details.
What Personal Information do others collect?
If you use our websites whilst logged into the following services, then they may collect information about your browsing as detailed in their privacy policies.
What can you tell me about cookies and web analytics?
We also use tracking cookies in our emails to help tailor our offers and promotions for you. If you prefer, you can opt out of these tracking cookies without affecting your ability to use our site. Our website respects any “do not track” settings that you might have set on your browser.
Most web browsers allow you to set some control over cookies in your browser settings. This includes deleting them from your browser or disabling them altogether. If you do choose to set your browser to disable all cookies, this may affect your ability to use some of the features on our site.
Why do you collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information in order to:
- Enable you to purchase products from us, to process your orders and deal with administrative issues.
- Answer your inquiries and deliver customer service to you.
- Enable you to enter contests, promotions, or events that we promote or run.
- Provide you with information about our products, services, promotions, and special discounts on your birthday, including those of our selected partners and related companies within the Tahua Group (which includes Tahua Partners Limited and its subsidiaries).
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- Undertake research to understand our customers, and make improvements to our products, services, purchasing and customer support processes.
- Administer our site for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, security, statistical and survey purposes.
- Meet our legal and compliance obligations.
- Manage and resolve any legal or commercial complaints and issues;
- Enforce the law; and
- Provide goods and services efficiently and effectively.
What if I don't want you to collect my personal information?
Providing Personal Information is optional, however without it we may be restricted in what services we can offer you, and the quality of the services we can offer. For example:
- If you choose not to give us your Contact Information, we will not be able to create an account for you.
- If you choose not to enter Contact information and provide a delivery address, we will not be able to process web orders for you.
- If you choose not to give us your date of birth, we will not send you birthday discount codes.
- If you choose not to opt-in to receiving marketing emails, we will not send you news and special offers.
What if I don't want to receive further marketing communications from you?
At any time, you can unsubscribe from marketing communications, or update and manage your email preferences:
- Via the unsubscribe link in the footer of our emails
- Via your web account (if you have created one)
- By asking our staff in store
- By contacting our Customer Service Team 0800 426 624 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm) or by emailing them at email@example.com
Who do you share my information with?
We use a number of sub processors to enable the provision of services to you (for example, courier companies, for the purpose of delivering products to you). Personal Information may be provided to these sub processors as part of delivery of the services.
Information may also be disclosed in the following ways:
- If you voluntarily enter contests, promotions, or events that we promote or run, we may publicly disclose the name, and location (city) of winners.
- In the event that we buy, sell, reorganise, merge or dissolve businesses or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- We may also disclose personal information:
- To law enforcement, regulatory bodies, legal advisors, or similar third parties where we are under a legal duty to disclose or share personal information in order to comply with a legal obligation.
- In order to enforce or apply our website terms and conditions and other agreements.
- To protect our rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To our partners and related companies within Tahua Group.
We do not disclose your personal information to any third party other than those described previously or when we are legally required to do so.
We will take all reasonable steps to require that those third parties comply with relevant privacy laws, store your information securely, and not use your personal information in any way other than to perform their required duties or services, or as is contemplated by this Privacy Notice.
How do you store and protect my personal information?
We take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we collect is protected against loss, unauthorised access and disclosure or any other misuse.
We keep your information in our secure database, where we only allow certain staff to have access.
Personal information collected or received by us will only be used for the purpose for which it was collected.
How long do you keep my personal information for?
We only keep your personal information for as long as it is required.
This will usually mean that we will keep your personal information:
- Until we no longer have a valid reason for keeping it;
- Until you request us to stop using it; or
- For as long as required by law (for example, we keep invoice information for 7 years to fulfil our tax obligations).
We may keep just enough of your personal information to ensure that we comply with your requests. We will not use your personal information for any purpose other than those described in this notice.
We are committed to protecting the information we receive from you. Although we have appropriate safeguards in place and we do everything that is reasonably within our power to prevent unauthorised use or unauthorised disclosure of the information, due to the inherent nature of the internet, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information you provide to us. You do so at your own risk we will not be liable for any unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information in that respect.
Do you share my personal information with third parties overseas?
We use overseas third-party providers to store and process our data.
We store most of the personal information we collect and generate electronically on Microsoft Azure cloud servers located in Australia. This means that the personal information we hold is transferred to, or accessed from, countries other than New Zealand.
We ensure that all our third-party data processors can meet our privacy and security requirements and have appropriate contracts in place with each third party.
How do I access, correct, or update personal information you have collected?
You can update your account information on our website, or you can call our Customer Service Team to do this for you.
If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or via post at:
Ngahuia Group Ltd
Attn: Privacy Officer
Level 3, South Annex 1-7, The Strand
What should I do if I have further questions or concerns?
If you still have any questions or concerns about your personal information, or if you wish to make a complaint, then please contact our Privacy Officer. If you consider that your query or privacy concerns have not been resolved satisfactorily by us, or you wish to obtain more information on privacy requirements, you can contact the New Zealand Office of the Privacy Commissioner via their website www.privacy.org.nz or free phone at 0800 803 909. Further information about how to lodge a complaint is available on the Privacy Commissioner’s website.